At Holy Trinity CE Primary School it is recognised that positive behaviour is a necessary pre-requisite to effective teaching, learning and enjoyment whilst at school. Every member of staff strives to develop the whole person, including spiritual, moral, social and cultural education. Within our school community, we aim:
- To be welcoming and inclusive.
- To create a firm and consistent approach throughout the school.
- To maintain, encourage and promote positive behaviour, self-discipline and respect.
- To encourage independence and personal confidence.
- To respect the rights of all individuals.
- To encourage consideration for others in the community by promoting respect, courtesy, tolerance, teamwork, trust and honesty.
- To support the development of self-esteem and self-respect by distinguishing between a pupil and that pupil’s behaviour.
- To develop pride in the school through work, effort and achievement.
All learners, parents, staff and visitors who come into school have responsibility for promoting positive behaviour by demonstrating clear values and principles through;
- Teaching right from wrong, honesty and respect for others.
- Encouraging internal discipline, self-management of behaviour and a sense of responsibility for positive behaviour.
- Praising positive behaviour.
- Using positive phrasing and reminding.
- Providing pupils with positive experiences that will create positive feelings and therefore positive behaviour.
- Being good role models.
- Using scripts, repetition and structure.
- Clear expectations of behaviour
- Comfort and forgiveness.
- The school adopts a ‘Growth Mindset’ approach
For further information please see our Behaviour and Anti-Bullying Policy